Monday, September 29, 2014

Disneyland Attractions and Walk-throughs {and what we think of them}

 photo Disneyland131_zpseac282f2.jpg 

Continuing in our series about Disneyland attractions and rides, I really wanted to keep my eyes and ears open during our last trip in February.  That's one of the great things about Disneyland: there's a hidden surprise around every corner and always something to be discovered.  If you're looking for some of those lesser known experiences, this is the post for you.

Attractions:

Tiki Room-- The Tiki Room is my personal favorite place to stop in the middle of a busy day in the park.  It's a great place to rest your feet, cool off, and enjoy a fun show.  This one has been a crowd pleaser for every age group when we go to the park.

Captain EO--I have to admit that I've never seen this show.  I'm not a Michael Jackson fan, but if you're looking for it, it's located between Star Tours and Space Mtn.

Aladdin--I really can't say enough good things about the quality of this show. It's not something you'd expect to see in the middle of a theme park.  But the quality is amazing and we all loved it.  The Aladdin stage is located in the Hyperion Theater at the end of the Hollywood block of Disney's California Adventure.

Jedi Training--I want to take Noah to this one next time.  Come battle Darth Vader outside the cafe in Tomorrowland and possibly end up on stage.

Turtle Talk with Crush--Anyone remember Crush from Finding Nemo?  You enter into a large room and are sited in front of a huge screen where Crush appears and answers questions from the audience.  I was absolutely amazed by how Crush pointed people out and interacted with them.  Next time I'll figure out the trick.  :-)

Disney Jr. Live On-stage--I haven't seen this one, but I've heard lots of moms say their kids loved seeing favorite Disney characters come to life.  Handy Mandy, Little Einsteins, Jake and the Neverland Pirates... you'll find your kids' favorites here.

A Bug's Life: It's Tough to be a Bug--Ah, this is a fun one.  Discover what it's like to be bug size with this tour from Flik.  This 3D show give you a glimpse into their world complete with smells, sights, sounds, and even some touch.

Walk throughs:

Sleeping Beauty's Castle--You have to be able to go up and down stairs to enjoy this one, but I love the miniaturized scenes from the movie as you relive the story.  Classic Disney!

Tarzan's Treehouse--My kids love this one and it's a great way to burn off energy.  Located right next to Indiana Jones, it's also a wonderful way to keep the younger ones busy while they're waiting.  And don't forget the interactive play area at the end.  But I personally miss The Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

Tom Sawyer's Island--Sorry I haven't done this one yet either.  I think you have to row the canoes to get there and I'm just not up for the challenge yet with kids.

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail-- For several trips, I didn't notice this part of the park.  It's tucked in the back of Disney's California Adventure near Grizzly River Run and from the main path, it just looks like a small section of the park.  But in true Disney from, it's more than meets the eye.  When you walk through the entry, it's like a whole other park.  Slides, rope climbs, a bear cave,... and my kids loved the zip line surprise at the end.  It's well worth checking out.

What is your favorite lesser known attractions at Disneyland?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails