Monday, September 22, 2014

26 Intentional Acts of Kindness #17: Pregnancy Center

It's been quite awhile since we did an Intentional Act of Kindness so I thought one was way over due.  If you're new to this series, we've left bubbles at the park for kids, learned about holding the door for others, left encouraging notes on public mirrors, blessed our neighbors and more.  Although this series has certainly taken longer than I had planned, I'm glad we've done it.  It's brought to mind a deeper consciousness of the people around me.  And disciplining my kids in this area as well.

Our next Intentional Act of Kindness has been on my heart for some time.  Around mid-summer, we were on a road trip.  Hubby and I started talking about the next year and where  we were putting our time and money.  One of the ideas we tossed around was putting more energy into supporting our local pregnancy center.  It just seemed like a natural step from where we're at as foster parents.

So I want to do some cleaning in the next couple of weeks: go through the clothes that the little one has outgrown.  Put some things aside for the little cousins and then fill a bag for the pregnancy center.  And I really need to clean out my maternity clothes.  It's time.  So part of this is to clean and donate that as well.

Therefore, your next Intentional Act of Kindness is to contact your local Pregnancy Center, find out what they can use, and donate what you can.  Even if you don't agree with the politics of all this, I think we can all agree that there's nothing wrong with supporting women, children, and families.  Can you donate clothes?  Formula?  Baby gear?  Diapers?  Where in our budget can we find the resources to help these families?

Are you in?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails