Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Muddle

Hey Everyone,
How was your weekend?  Was it nice in your part of the country?  Did you stay away from the crazy weather in the mid-west?

We were pretty busy.  My husband was away at a men's retreat so I was on my own with the three kids for my first weekend.  I have them on my own most of the time anyways, but three days with no relief crazy.  Maybe that's why I haven't been able to get this post up till now.  It was BUSY!

Friday we had our annual house licensing inspection for foster care.  Those things are always nerve wracking, but it all went fine.  Just had to have everything picked up and cupboards locked.  We had a friend over for dinner that night, an other church woman who's husband was gone.  She was great about helping out with the kids and what mom doesn't love to have a little adult conversation?

The rest of the weekend was crazy.  The rain finally stopped and Noah got to have his first T-Ball game on Saturday.  At 9 am!  That's right.  Mama on her own had to get all three kids packed, ready, snacks packed, diapers and stroller, and everyone to the park by 9 am.  I forgot Noah's waterbottle, but luckily I had a team snack stashed in the car for a couple of weeks from now and both the kids got Capri Suns from that.  They didn't complain.

After that, we went to the library, farmer's market, did homework, and had dinner at a friend's house.  Noah stayed the night while Lydia and I had a little girl time making cookies.  She loved being able to pick out her own dessert that evening and breakfast the next morning as well.  Oh, the life of an only child!

By the time we came home from a birthday party on Sunday afternoon, we were all beat.  Daddy finally arrived home as well, and we had a relaxing evening at home with BBQ burgers and homemade sherbet.  It was perfect.  Busy, crazy, and I'm finally getting this posted on Monday night.  Sorry guys.  I just went grocery shopping this morning though and I'm super excited about the Lettuce Wraps on Sunday.  If you try them, let me know what you think.

Here's the rest of our week:

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal and bananas
Overnight Oatmeal
Freezer Pancakes
Quinoa Oat porridge

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sammies
Chicken Salads
Leftovers
Snacks: Peaches, pears, grapes, cheese, crackers

Dinners:
Monday: Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
Tuesday: Lentil Tacos
Wednesday: Cucumber Wraps, snacks
Thursday: Cheesy fish, steamed broccoli
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Homemade Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes, green salad
Sunday: Turkey Lettuce Wraps, sauteed zucchini

Extras:
Homemade Wheat Thins
Hawaiian Blizzards
Fruit Popsicles

Projects I'm working on this week
Finish Review Book
Mickey Mouse Clippie
Journal on  5 old layouts
Scrapbook Christmas photos
D-land shirts

What are you up to this week?

Oh, don't forget to check out my current giveaway!
Well, worth your time!
Love ya!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails