Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do-It-Yourself: Sourdough Bread


Ooops!  This was one of the DIY projects I was most looking forward to and you know what?  I completely screwed it up.  For starters, the holiday threw me off at the beginning of the month and I forgot to even get my starter going.  About mid-way through the month, I finally did that, sat it in a nice warm corner for my kitchen,... and forgot about it.  About a week later, I saw it sitting there and realized I hadn't fed it at all.  That poor little starter was looking pretty pathetic.

So I finally put together another starter on Monday, but that's not enough time for me to follow through and give you results in this month.  I probably won't bake till this weekend and then still won't have time to work the kinks out.  Sorry!  Chalk this one up to a FAIL on my part.  But I promise I'll be back in May with a Part Two to this post and I'll let you know if it worked.  In the meantime, here are some of the resources I've been using to get started.

Starting a Sourdough Starter

Sourdough Starter

How to Make a Sourdough Starter

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails