Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My 2012 Reading List

This year has been an amazing journey of remembering how much I love to read.  All good writers are wide read.  But for a time I forgot that.  This year I refocused on how much I love to read and it's been so refreshing.  To take my eyes of my blogroll for awhile and actually read a book with pages to turn... AMAZING!

As the year turns, I hope to do some reading with you, my readers.  I love the interaction we get when we read together so I'm excited to pull out some of these books and do a few book clubs this year.  And I'm also hoping to inspire you as well.  Inspire you to read, inspire you to think, inspire you to grow.  

This is what my book list looks like for 2012:

One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp--I read this one last year, but it's so rich.  Definitely worth a re-read.

Made to Crave by Lysa Turkerst--With the weight loss journey I'm on, I'm excited to see her take.  

Kisses for Katie by Katie Davis--I don't know much about this one, but the reviews have been incredible.  I can't imagine so devoting my life to these children.  Anxious to read this one.

Crazy Love by Frances Chan--Again, don't know much about this one, but it's been recommended several times.  So I'm excited to pick it up.

God's Story, Your Story by Max Lucado--This one has been in my Kindle for awhile.  Seems to fit along well with the idea of Stewarding Our Stories.

Attachment Focused Parenting--Comes highly recommended for adoptive parents.  Very different philosophy from how we raised our birth child so we'll see.

The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman--I see more and more every day how different my children are.  Hoping this one will put my in the right perspective for more effectively communicating love to my children.

Sacred Parenting by Gary Thomas--Loved how Sacred Marriage challenged my perspective and looking forward to the same from this book.

Reluctant Entertainer by Sandy Coughlin--Sandy's blog is exceptional and I'm excited to read her book.  Challenging the way we look at hospitality and friendship.

Every Body Matters by Gary Thomas--I have this one set to review at the beginning of the year.  Again, it fits into where the Lord has me in taking better care of myself and excited to learn more about his philosophy of taking care of spirit AND body.

Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp--I read this about two years ago and it absolutely reshaped the way I look at parenting.  I'm excited to read it again for fresh insight.


And I know there will be more to come!  I already have one author committed to offering some books for an online book club.  Are there any on this list we'd like to read together? 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails