Saturday, September 24, 2011

ABC's of Homemaking

The ABC's of Homemaking

Aprons–y/n If y, what does your fave look like?
Sometimes.  I love the look of being a mom in an apron, but in my need to get things done, I don't always remember to put one on.
Baking–Favorite thing to bake?
I've been thinking of getting some holiday baking going here soon.  That's my favorite.  All the cookies and treats that taste like family history.  And I love making cinnamon rolls too.
Clothes line?
Yes. I love looking out the kitchen window and seeing our clothes on the line.

Donuts–Have you ever made them?
Yes. Nothing like a homemade donut.  It's been awhile though.

Everyday–One homemaking thing you do every day?
Pick up, pick up, pick up.  With two little ones, it's a never ending battle.
Freezer–Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes.  And I LOVE it!  It gives us the freedom to stock up on the little extras that others pass our way.

Garbage Disposer?
Yes. Love that too.

Handbook–What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The whole internet!

Ironing–Love it or Hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
I hate it.  We hardly ever iron.  Just shake it out, hang it up, and cross our fingers that it looks good by Sunday.

Junk Drawer–y/n? Where is it?
Yes, under the microwave.  It's a scary place.

Kitchen–color and decorating scheme.
Not really a decorating scheme.  Just a mix of what's been passed down and well loved.

Love–what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Love creating a home where you family feels loved and accepted.
Mop–y/n?
I do it if I need to, not my favorite chore at all!!

Nylons, machine or hand wash?
Machine wash.  I have a mesh bag to put them in.

Oven–do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I have a window, but always open the door.

Pizza–What do you put on yours?
I like everything.  We tend to do a lot of tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, and zucchini.

Quiet–What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Read or nap.  Or blog!

Recipe Card Box–y/n? What does it look like?
I have a recipe book.  Test out all my recipes and when they pass, they go in the book.

Style of house–What style is your house?
Normal.  :-)  I don't know.

Tablecloths or Placemats?
Neither.  Just the plates

Under the kitchen sink–organized or toxic wasteland?
It just to be organized, but I have an obsession with cleaning supplies so it's getting a little crazy under there.

Vacuum–How many times per week?
Just once.  I'm lazy with that.

Wash–How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
About 4 loads in a week.  We try to keep it to a minimum and I only run full loads.

X’s–Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
I loving having a list to cross off.  Keeps me motivated.

Yard–y/n? Who does what?
We love our backyard.  I do most of the yard work 'cause I love being back there.  There are rose bushes to prune, and a lemon tree to fertilize.  The lawn to mow and leaves to rake.
ZZZ’s–what is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I like to have my sink empty in the mornings.  So I make sure all the dishes are loaded in the dishwasher.



What about you?  What are your ABC's of Homemaking?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails