Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Works for Me Wednesday



I'm always looking for fun, cheap, creative ideas of things to do with my kid. Little treats here and there to break up the day, the week, the trapped indoors winter. So when I saw that Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs was being made into a movie. I got so excited. It seemed like a great treat to spend with Big Boy. But with the cost of a family trip to the movies, how could we afford it? That's when I came up with this idea.



The movie came out for rental on Tuesday and I've had this plan churning in my head for some time. I think I may have actually been more excited than the kids. I just wanted to bust.

We planned a special dinner of Spaghetti and Meatballs. It was so yummy. I used the recipe from the Disney Magic Kitchen Cookbook that made mini meatballs with wonderful Italian Meatballs. My kids just ATE THEM UP. Especially my two year old.

Then we moved to the living room and dimmed the lights just like the theater. My husband and I took up the couch while the kids camped out on the floor with their blankets and babies. I made popcorn and we munched the time away.




I've included the trailer for the movie here if you're curious. I also talked with two other families this week who, all independently, decided to rent this movie. All of us have kids in the 4-5 range and the 2-3 range. All 6 kids loved it. And all 6 parents felt the movie was clean and still entertaining.

Check it out! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

For more Works for Me ideas, check out Life as Mom.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails