Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eating from Your Pantry--Week Three



I'm realizing I have a lot more in this house than I thought. I don't have any freezer meals, but I have a ton of canned food. So I'm still grocery shopping, but basing my meals around what's in the canned food cupboard. However, I can't take Big Boy shopping any more as he conned me into buying a bunch of stuff last week that I normally wouldn't buy. Like pickles. Oh, but they've been good.


Monday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit
Lunch: Tuna or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, fruit, string cheese
Dinner: Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Oatmeal and fruit
Lunch: Sandwiches, fruit jello
Dinner: Sloppy Joes

Wednesday:
Breakfast: Yogurt and fruit, toast?
Lunch: Sandwiches, apples and dip
Dinner: Pork potpie (bumped from last week)

Thursday:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and toast
Lunch: Quesadillas, veggies and dip
Dinner: Lentil Soup (adapted to crockpot)

Friday:
Breakfast: Low-fat zucchini muffins (172 calories), fruit
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Spaghetti, green salad, bread

Saturday:
Breakfast: Muffins, scrambled eggs
Lunch: Sandwiches, fruit, string cheese
Dinner: Potato soup (bumped from last week)

Sunday:
Breakfast: Muffins, applesauce
Lunch: Leftovers
Dinner: Taco Soup (bumped from last week)

Extras:
Mexican Hot Cocoa
Low-fat Raspberry Orange Muffins (substituting the Raspberry for Blueberries, 155 calories)

1 comment:

Keri said...

You are truely an inspiration! This is a terrific blog and I am now your loyal follower. If you have an extra minute some time, come to mine at www.samwich365.com. I'd be honored to have you visit/comment/or follow. Happy New Year, Keri (a.k.a. Sam)

Related Posts with Thumbnails