Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bed in a Pillowcase

I have to acknowledge the fact that I got this idea from Martha Stewart.  And it works beautifully in our house.  I can usually find all the pieces I need for make the bed: fitted sheet, top sheet, and pillow cases.  And they're usually all together.  It's not an issue of finding the lost soul, but rather keeping the rest of it from caving in on me while I'm doing it.  Stacks tend to lean, items shift, and before we know it, it's a mess.  So here's my way around that:

I fold both the fitted sheet and the top sheet to approximately the same size.  Fold one of the pillowcases to a similar size.  And then... slide those three items inside a second pillowcase.  Tuck under any excess material from the outer case and put the closed end facing out of the linen closet.

When I need to change the bed, it's all there together.  Just lift the upper items and pull out one item, all there together.  Extra blankets and comforters underneath as they're used less often.  Just makes me breath an extra sigh of relief to see it organized.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails