Friday, October 28, 2016

2016 October Bookmarks

 photo 001ee2ef-0f8c-4ed3-a21f-d69f34cee3ce_zps157ipvoh.jpg

*Bookmarks is an online book club hosted at Creative2xmom. Here we discuss the books we've read in the past month as well as the suggested reading. Our suggested reading for October was Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacy Thacker and Brooke McGlothin.

These are the books I read this month:


The Angel of Forest Hill by Cindy Woodsmall--See my review here.


The Wish by Beverly Lewis--See my review here.

What We Read with the Kids:


How To Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell-- I'll be honest.  This wasn't my favorite book.  It was gross... really gross.  Maybe it's the mom in me, but I just couldn't get over all the snot, and farts, and bodily functions going on in this book.  As well as the names... Goober, Snotlout, Fishlegs... in the end, the dragon does learn the true meaning of friendship and loyalty.  So the story redeemed itself.  But really... yuck.... I just can't like this one.


Our suggested reading for October was Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacy Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin--  I needed this book this month.  Life has been a "mess" with three kids starting school and sports to keep up with and just life in general.  I needed hope.  This was an encouraging read that came at just the right time.

So what are your bookmarks this month?

Tell us in the comments about the books you're chewing on. Or link up a review from your own blog. Let's share the books we're finding, good and bad. And give us your thoughts on Hope for the Weary Mom by Stacy Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin.

And come back November 18th as we discuss Every Day by David Levithan.

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails