Thursday, February 9, 2012

Nutella Cupcakes {Pinterest Inspired}

I'm been sucked into this Pinterest craze.  I knew this was going to be a slippery slope, but it's worse than I thought.

Worse still... I think Pinterest is trying to make me fat.

Think I'm kidding?

Why else would I be able to so easily find this Nutella Cupcake recipe.  

Nutella!

These are INCREDIBLE!



Nutella Cupcakes
*Recipe originally from Chef in Training

2 c. sugar
1 3/4 c flour
3/4 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1/2 c. oil
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. boiling water

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix on med speed.  Add boiling water last.

3. Pour into cupcake pan and bake for 17-20 min until done.  Cool for 10 min.



Frosting:
1 stick softened butter
1/2 jar Nutella
1/2 lb powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 Tbsp heavy cream or milk

1. Cream butter and Nutella until combined.

2. Add powdered sugar and continue creaming.

3. Add vanilla and cream.  Blend until moist.  Add more milk until frosting reaches desired consistency.  Beat until smooth.

4. Frost cupcakes and try not to eat the entire pan by yourself.

Enjoy!

*Linked to these Parties

1 comment:

Sargent Family said...

What size jar of nutella?

Related Posts with Thumbnails