Monday, November 16, 2009

Tackle it Tuesday



Yeah! I'm tackling!

Bakerella is one of the first sites on my bookmark list. And for good reason. Her imagination and creativity know no bounds. Recently I've been in love with her Sesame Street characters.


Aren't they cute???
Some day when I don't have kids and unlimited time and money, I'm working on these.

She has so many things I want to try. And then has some things I'd like to try, but I can just imagine how they'd turn out in my hands. Like these:


Don't they make your mouth drool???

But awhile back she posted these yummy Pumpkin Pie Bites and I thought, "I CAN do that!"

Pumpkin Pie Bites

2 refrigerated ready-to roll pie crusts

8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pumpkin-shaped cookie cutter

Optional
1/2 cup chocolate morsels
vegetable oil
re-sealable plastic bags

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Use cookie cutter to cut 12 pumpkin shapes from each pie crust. You will need to roll the dough thinner than it comes out of the box.
Press dough shapes into a 24 cup mini muffin tray. (Make 12 at a time, alternating cups to make sure pie crusts don’t overlap each other.)
Apply egg whites from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
Mix cream cheese, sugar, canned pumpkin, remaining 2 eggs, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice together until thoroughly combined.
Spoon mixture into each pumpkin-shaped pie crust.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Remove pies to cool and repeat with second pie crust. Place the muffin tray in the freezer to cool it quickly for re-use.

Makes 24 pies. Keep refrigerated.


Bakerella's Pumpkin Pie Bites



My Pumpkin Pie Bites-- Not as pretty, just as tasty

My batch was only made with one pie crust, but it yielded 20 mini bites, plus enough filling for a small pie in a graham cracker crust. Very yummy!

Let me just say this: these babies will quickly pack on the pounds. They're so light and delicious; you hardly realize how many you're eating until it's too late.

A word to the wise: watch your chocolate in the microwave. My little bites didn't end up nearly as pretty as Bakerella's. I was using a plastic bag that kept clogging with little burnt chocolate bits. It didn't taste burnt, but it sure kept sticking in my bag.

You may think the pumpkin/ chocolate combo isn't for you, but trust me. I really wanted to get this recipe in your hands before Thanksgiving because they are fantastic. You won't believe how good they taste.

For more Tackle it Tuesday, check out 5 Minutes for Mom.

7 comments:

Shelly said...

mmmmmm those do look yummy! Great tackle!

Unknown said...

Oh my word, I have never been to bakerella but I am going to have to visit right now!!!

Susie said...

I LOVE Bakerella!! Awesome tackle:-)

Brandie said...

I love Bakerella too! I was going to make her jack-o-lantern cake pops but we all got the flu so I am going to tackle some turkeys! What do you think?

Unknown said...

I have never seen Bakerella either, but I will have to check it out! Those look incredible, great tackle.. I think I'm going to have to add it to my list!

Ashley @ mothershideaway.com

Angela @ Nine More Months said...

Great tackle! I really love Bakerella! I saw those pumpkin pie bites and I wanted to make them but I don't have a mini muffin tin! Boo. :(

Stop by my Tackle-it Tuesday if you have a chance! :)

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

WOW!!!!! Go you. That rocks. It's always a challenge with new recipes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails