Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hi-Ho Cherry-O for Preschoolers





Big Boy turned 3 years old in October and he's growing and learning so quickly. I've been able to come up with some great ideas for helping him learn his letters and some practical skills like cutting and tracing. But math has always been hard for me. And since I'm intimidated by it, I don't have a lot of practical ideas for helping him learn it, even at this age. But I think we've found a solution... at least for now.

I picked up this game on clearance at Christmas last year and was just hanging on to it. A couple of nights ago, my husband dug it out of the closet and we played it with Big Boy. He loved it and caught on so quickly. Now we play every day, several times a day. He's quickly started to count objects in his head, count the fruit on the trees, I see glimmers of maybe some basic subtraction, and he's quickly learning to take turns. All from a $3 board game.

That Works for Me!

See what works for others on Works for Me Wednesday hosted by Rocks in My Dryer.

1 comment:

The Happy Housewife said...

Oh, I remember this game! Hopefully it will go on sale this Christmas and I can pick one up for cheap!
Toni
http://thehappyhouewife.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails