Chapter 13: Shepherding the Heart Summarized
This chapter concludes the first half of Tripp's book. This first half has focused on the philosophy of shepherding your child and laying the groundwork for the application process. Tripp reinforces his main points.
- Your child is the product of guarded shaping influences and Godward orientation.
- The heart determines behavior.
- You have God given authority to discipline.
- The chief end of man is to glorify God.
- Biblical goals must be accomplished through biblical methods.
- God has two methods of child-rearing: communication and the rod.