Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Teaching the Days of the Week

After college and pre-babies, I spent a few years substitute teaching in our little town.  While I was making my way from school to school, I also spent quite a few days subbing in preschools. This time taught me some of the greatest learning songs that I've ever heard.  In fact, one day while my husband and I were both down with the flu, we spent the entire afternoon singing and laughing till we felt better.  Later, as we moved around, I spent a week in my friend's kindergarten class and introduced them to the following song.  When she returned, she was happy to find they were completely in love with this song.  Now that I'm a mom, I'm not only trying to teach my son, but find ways of making learning enjoyable as well.  So just a few days ago, I introduced him to this song.  He loves it.  Only two years old and he wants to hear it all the time. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do:

(Tune is to the Adams Family theme song)
Days of the Week (snap, snap)
Days of the Week (snap, snap)
Days of the Week, Days of the Week, Days of the Week (snap, snap)
There's Sunday and there's Monday,
There's Tuesday and there's Wednesday,
There's Thursday and there's Friday,
And then there's Saturday!
Days of the Week (snap, snap)
Days of the Week (snap, snap)
Days of the Week, Days of the Week, Days of the Week (snap, snap)

Hope you have fun with this one.  For more great ideas, check out www.rocksinmydryer.typepad.com.

1 comment:

Louise said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails