Friday, October 9, 2026

Weekend Links ll October 9, 2026

11 Fun Brain Breaks for Kids

words words words why and how to teach writing by olivia marstall homeschool

Words, Words, Words: Why (and How) to Teach Writing

Gray Wolf Lapbook

pumpkin life cycle free booklet for kids

Pumpkin Life Cycle Printable

fall festival logic puzzle printable from that homeschool family

Fall Festival Logic Puzzle

This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We've been making chicken and rice bowls with Thai seasoning and sauce.  It's a yummy filling, and light meal.  My teens both love it and it's added a new layer of flavor to our menu.

What I'm Reading:

This week I picked up Daddy Long Legs by Jean Webster for my fictional reading.  I wasn't sure how interesting a book of letters could be, but it's surprising me.  It's sweet and charming.  And a quick read.  Would be interesting to try it as a read aloud.

What I'm Doing:

Trying to make memories.... lately I'm reminded how fleeting this period of parenting is... I'm reminded that our years of active parenting are winding down and soon they'll be on their own... It's been a reoccurring them the last three years or so, but it hit me a fresh this week. 
 
What I'm Enjoying:

10 min of morning light...
Thai Chicken bowls...
hiking in the fresh air...
Jane Austen literature...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails