Friday, November 17, 2023

Weekend Links ll November 17, 2023











This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

Over the past couple of years, we sit down to read Cranberry Thanksgiving the last week of school before break.  The story is simple and cute and has a great moral.  Along with that, we use the cranberry loaf recipe in the back to make cranberry muffins for the Friday morning before Thanksgiving.  It's a fun way to incorporate the season and kick off our break.  Even though the kids are in 10th and 7th grade, it's one of those traditions that's hung on.  And when they move out, I'll probably still be baking this recipe.

What I'm Reading:

I'm still reading Age of Opportunity and loving the way the author flips the script to make the teen years a beautiful season of life and parenting.  It's really reminding me what a honor and a privilege it is to raise teens and how best to utilize that time.  I borrowed a copy from the library, but am thinking I'd like to own this one.  It's really that good.

What I'm Doing:

I'm in full crafting mode around here... trying to finish up Christmas ornaments so we can hang them when we get our tree... working on dance recital projects... and little touches for the house.  Lydia and I went to two Christmas craft fairs last weekend and had a wonderful time shopping around and seeing all the creativity in our community.  And doing lots of Christmas planning.

What I'm Enjoying:

Throw blankets...
Fuzzy socks...
Cranberry muffins...
Crockpot meals...
Reading The Hobbit for 7th grade...

What are you up to?

1 comment:

7 Bit said...

Kudos on your latest post. Insightful, engaging, and greatly appreciated.

Related Posts with Thumbnails