Friday, October 8, 2021

Weekend Links ll October 8, 2021

 













This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Fall might finally be peaking its head out around here.  The mornings have been crisp and our days mild.  The garden is winding down and it feels like everything is being put to rest.  Except maybe mom.  I'm not sure we ever rest.  :-)

So soups have been sneaking their way back into our meal plan.  We had a particularly cool day earlier this week so I made a pot of lasagna soup.  This one is hardy and filling enough for the teenagers, and warm and comforting for all of us.

What I'm Reading:

My non-fiction book right now is Balanced and Barefoot.  Such a wonderful book for parenting well developed children from the early years.  Digs into the body and brain science behind spinning, climbing, exploring, jumping, going barefoot... this is a book I'd like to put in the hands of every new parent.

What I'm Doing:

We started some seedlings this week.  Not much compared to the summer, but I'd like to get to the point where I can have a small garden that changes with the seasons.  

What I'm Enjoying:

Cool, crisp mornings...
Warm filling soups...
Rollerskating...
Zucchini muffins...
Kitty snuggles!

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails