Friday, October 22, 2021

Weekend Links ll October 22, 2021

 











This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Yeah for Rain!  California has sure needed it.  This week looks like we're finally getting a start on the rain we need to hopefully start climbing out of this drought.  It's been a few long hard years so we'll take every little bit we can get.

Since it's been raining, we've been craving all the soups and baking we can squeeze in.  There's nothing like coming in from the cold to a soup or stew that's been simmering all day so my crockpot has been working overtime.  My favorite this week was a pot of warm split pea soup paired with a loaf of fresh bread.

What I'm Reading:

I finally got a chance to started reading Gifted Hands by Ben Carson.  This is a man who has intrigued me for quite some time and his book has been on my TBR pile for awhile.  It's a quick read so I anticipate finishing it soon.

What I'm Doing:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I've been trying to get a little Christmas planning done.  Beyond the party scheduling, I'm looking at details: picking up gifts here and there and stocking supplies for a few Christmas crafts.  It's going to be here before I know it and I'm trying to get ahead of the curve.

What I'm Enjoying:

Homemade granola...
Curling up with blankets...
Hot tea...
Good books...
Family board games!
What are you up to?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails