Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Help, I'm Drowning {Review}


Life is full of storms.  I think all of us that lived through 2020 can agree with that.  It doesn't take much living to realize that life is sometimes messy, confusing, and downright discouraging.  So what do you do when life threatens to take you under?

In Sally Clarkson's latest book, she addresses the challenges that have stormed through her own life and the wisdom that she gained through them.  It's a honest testimony of her journey, full of ups and downs, and how she worked toward healing and restoration.

Clarkson's book is so refreshing.  Often times, Christian books will gloss over the hardships or provide shallow advice in the way of truth.  Clarkson doesn't shy away from addressing the very real challenges of life and how they can overwhelm us.  But she doesn't leave her reader there.  Instead, she gently coaches women in how to overcome, even grow stronger from these challenges.  While reading this book, I often felt as though Sally Clarkson was right there with me, offering sound advice for the road ahead.  This book is as if you had a mentor sharing her testimony and encouraging you with how the Lord has worked in her own life. 

One of my favorite pieces came near the end of the book when the author said this:

The grace and beauty of a woman shows brightly when she decides to stand up to the threats of the giants gales of wind and rain, to stand strong against her would-be foes with tools of heaven's design.  This determined one, by bringing order, wisdom, and peace into them, can make the storms of her life into memories of the power of God.

Help, I'm Drowning may be my favorite Sally Clarkson book.  It's honest and encouraging, real and uplifting.  This is a book that would bless the reader again and again.  I highly recommend this one.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails