Thursday, May 10, 2018

Girl, Wash Your Face {Review}


In Girl, Wash Your Face, Rachel Hollis confronts twenty lies she listened to that held her back for far too long.  With lies like "I'm Not Good Enough," "No is the Final Answer," and "I'm Not A Good Mom," Hollis shares her own personal struggles, how these lies affected her, and the countering truths that can set so many lives free.

Speaking with bold honesty, Hollis breaks into some raw truths that the church tends to shy away from.  I found her chapters on struggles in motherhood to be particularly relatable.  Including the tumultuous adoption journey that she and her husband lived through.  There were several chapters throughout this book that I found myself nodding along to, realizing I've struggled with many of these lies as well.

While not scripturally based, Girl, Wash Your Face tackles the lies that hold us back from physical, mental, and spiritual health.  The principles that Rachel Hollis uncovers point the reader to a better understanding of who we are created in Christ.  Furthermore, she writes in a very down to earth style, making her quite relatable.  This book stands out in the Christian world for the author's willingness to write on hard topics and not hold back in some brutal truths.  Written for women of all ages and stages, this would make a great Mother's Day or graduation gift, or a gift for any occasion.

*Disclaimer: I received this book for free from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.


1 comment:

Tricia B. said...

This book sounds good! Thanks for the review, I've added it to my list.

Related Posts with Thumbnails