Monday, July 25, 2016

Do-It-Yourself: Key Lime Ice Cream

*This post was originally published on 7/25/12.  Enjoy!

At the beginning of the year, I set 12 DIY Project goals for 2012.  July's challenge was to try out this yummy looking Key Lime Ice Cream recipe that I've had bookmarked for over a year.  To say that it was fantastic would be an understatement.  Notice the lack of photo this month?  That's because my son and I ate it too fast.  I kept meaning to go back and take a photo, but we couldn't keep our spoons out of it.  

I made a few changes based on our own tastes.  I like mine a little more sour so that was the first change, but all in all, it was one of my favorite recipes I've tried in a long time.  After all, summer is the season for homemade ice cream.  Plus the original recipe includes a link for making ice cream without a machine.  Couldn't be simpler.  Here's the yumminess we came up with:

Key Lime Ice Cream

1 1/2 c. whole milk
1 c. bottled Key Lime juice (I may have even used 1 1/2 c.)
1 c. heavy cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Optional: Coursely crushed graham crackers, key lime wedges

Combine milk, Key Lime juice, cream and condensed milk.  

Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.

Crush 1/3 c. of graham crackers and mix into ice cream near the end of freezing.  Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for 1 hr or until set.  Serve with crushed graham cracker topping and key lime wedges.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails