Monday, March 17, 2014

While You're Waiting: Learn Car Maintanence


(Image Credit: Jomphong)

*Recently I was thinking about all I would want my daughters to know before they get married.  Instead of wishing the days away until they walk down the aisle, how would I encourage them to live?  Living in the joy of who God created.  The practicalities and the dreaming.  What would I want to encourage... While they're waiting?  These are some of those thoughts.


You know all my horror stories.  I've been stranded and had to flag down help.  Haven't always done a good job of maintaining my cars.  Haven't always known how to maintain my cars or really cared for that matter and it's landed me in some sticky situations.  

I don't want that for you.  Although there's absolutely nothing wrong with asking for help, I want you to be in a situation where you can feel empowered and confident about helping yourself when help is needed.  So in light of all that, these are just a few things Dad and I want to pass down to you:

Know how to check your tire pressure--This is a great way of being able to prolong the life of your tires, saving you time, hassle and money in the long run.

Know how to change a tire--Again, something I learned too late in life.  Know where your spare tire is, how to change your tires, and where to purchase new ones.

Know how to check the oil--Things go wrong and sometimes it can't be helped.  But keeping your oil maintained will drastically prolong the life your car.

Know how to use jumper cables--Just because you find someone with jumper cables to help you, doesn't mean they'll know how to use them either.  Know where they attach, in what order, and how long to charge your car.

We love you and think that all these details are important.  So if you're ready to drive, you're ready to take this on as well.  If you ever have any questions, we're here to help you.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails