Friday, March 14, 2014

5 Ways to Start your Day with a Better Attitude

Life is good.  Life is full.  We spend our days loving, chasing, snuggling, playing with, laughing with, and trying to enjoy these three sweet littles that share our life.  Most nights I go to bed exhausted, and most mornings I still wake up exhausted.  That's the theme for this stage of life.

And mornings, well, let just say she and I don't mix.  Mornings are not my favor part of the day.  But whether they're my favorite part of the day or not, my kids are up and ready.  Mornings and chaos are just a reality of our lives that I can't ignore.

So to combat my own grouchies, I've had to come up with a plan.  A plan to adjust my attitude before it infects the rest of the family.  These are 5 Ways I'm Starting My Day with a Better Attitude.

1. Drink a glass of water-- I love water.  And rehydrating in the morning is a great way to get my body going and feeling better.  I also love starting my morning with a warm cup of tea.  As I'm sleep walking through breakfast prep, I'm sipping on my tea and the kids know that's almost as important as Daddy's coffee.

2. Make the bed-- I hate making the bed.  But I love the end result.  Just by making the bed, I feel like the room is in much better shape, the bed is less inviting to climb back into, and I actually feel like I accomplished something, giving me that extra little boost to conquer the day.

3. Turn on some music-- Music has so many moods in our day.  Soft piano music to start the day, upbeat worship music to get us morning, some disney tunes when we need a dance break.  It's hard to hold on to that bad mood when you're praising the Lord in your morning.

4. Light a candle-- Lighting a candle is one of the last things I do before we start our homeschool day.    That soft glow adds a tranquility to the room, and every time I see it, it reminds me to pray about my own attitude.  It's my own little private reminder to pray.

5. Exercise-- I'm not a fan of this one, but I know a lot of people who swear by it.  Exercise is a great way to get your blood pumping and wake up the body.  And although I don't like exercising in the morning, I do try to stretch in the morning, just a little something to remind my body that I have things to do.

These are just a couple of ways to start your day with a better attitude.  I'm sure there are a ton more out there and that's where you come in.

What do you do to start your day with a better attitude?

Share in the comments below.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails