Monday, August 23, 2010

Made by Me Monday


Hey, 
How y'all doing?  How was your weekend?  Do anything fun?  
We had a busy weekend and a super busy morning around here as well.  My in-laws pulled into our place around 11:30 pm on Friday night.  Kids were both in bed long ago so they had no idea Nana and Papa were here till the next morning. 

Nana, Papa, and Auntie Becca spent the weekend with us.  We kept busy most of the time with putting in a new entertainment center and a few other projects that hubby needed help with.  The kids had a great time running around and playing with their aunt, who is a senior in high school.  I think she was probably exhausted by the time she went home.

After nine years of marriage I found out that my husband likes coconut.  Guess there are still some surprises in this marriage!  So I promised him I'd make a coconut cake while his parents were here this weekend.  I used Paula Deen's recipe and it didn't turn out half bad.  Even better the next day.



Personally, even though I don't like coconut, it was pretty good.  For me, omit the coconut on the frosting and it would have been perfect.

So what have you been up to?   Show us those projects.  Write a blog post highlighting your project with a link back to this post so that others can join in on the fun.  Then link up below to the blog post itself.  You can post more than one project; just add more than one link.

*Linked to these Parties




2 comments:

Ashlee Marie said...

I'm with your husband on this one I LOVE coconut! Thanks for linking up to Topsy Turvy Tuesday's!

Amy said...

I so want some... Yummy.. Thanks for linking up..

Related Posts with Thumbnails