Monday, June 7, 2021

What We Have Planned for June

photo a8d369bc-4b11-444f-8edb-e3a59966347e_zps9w3qcuqn.jpg

Yay!  Summer is here and the livin' is easy.  We've been out of school for about a week and it didn't take us long to fall into a pattern of lazy mornings, afternoons at the lake, and evenings in the backyard.  We've started a few projects and even made homemade sorbet.  It's been a refreshing change from the struggle of May.

So while I'm looking at a long summer stretched before us, I know it will fly by faster than we wish.  All too soon, we'll be saying, "Where did the summer go?"  So while I'm savoring our slow days, I also have some goals to accomplish this summer.  Here's what we have on our list:

Declutter and sell homeschool items-- It's hard to believe that my "baby" is going into 5th grade.  I think I'm in denial.  But that means we've outgrown the lower elementary items and it's time to start looking to high school for my daughter.  With that in mind, I do have some curriculum to clear out and while I'm at it, I might as well try to sell some of it.  Time to get to decluttering.

Refocus on some habits-- The last few years I've been using a chore zone cleaning schedule that works well for all of us.  I shared it with you here.  However, during the school year, it gradually gets more and more lax until mom is doing 90% of the cleaning.  Time to get back into a good habit of working together.

Paint the kids' ornaments for Christmas-- Yes, I hear you.  It is a bit early.  But I know myself.  If I hold off on this one, I'll be up till midnight in December.  I already have the ornaments order.  Now it's time to get to the painting part.  I like to have these done in the summer and tucked away for giving on the night we put up our tree.

Swim Lessons-- I have one last baby to take swim lessons.  The other two have aged out and with so many days at the lake and the pool, they're doing quite well.  But my little guy missed lessons in 2020 and since we do swim so much in the summer, I'd like to see him have a refresher course.  So it's time to get back into lessons and brush up on some technique.

Camping-- The past few summers, we've tried to squeeze in more camping trips.  The time outdoors, disconnected, has really allowed us to come together.  So we're putting at least one camping trip on the books this month, with hopefully a couple more to come over the summer.

What do you have planned in June?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails