Friday, June 4, 2021

Weekend Links ll June 4, 2021









This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

Lately we've been doing lots of experimenting with meals and snacks that won't heat up the kitchen.  Lydia and I made some chocolate shakeology brownies to try yesterday and I can't wait to cut into them.

What I'm Reading:

I often have two books going at the same time: one fiction and one nonfiction.
Right now for fiction, I'm reading The Wind in the Willows.  I realized after all these years of teaching kiddos, it's one book that I've just never picked up.
For my nonfiction book, I'm slowly making my way through Prayer by Philip Yancey.  I've been on a quest to learn more about how and why we pray, and this looked like a good place to start.
For more of what I'm reading, check out my post from earlier this week with our May Reads.

What I'm Doing:

We're having a heat wave so I'm spending a lot of time trying to keep my garden alive.  This year, we have peppers, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, and a new rhubarb that we're trying to get going.  I'm hoping this heat passes soon so I can fertilize and hopefully get my plants a little heartier.  Any tips?

What I'm Enjoying:

Good reads...
Thrift store books...
Summer crafts...
and lazy days at the lake!

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails