Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Our Sixth Grade Reading List



Sixth Grade continues to build on more elaborate themes and characters.  The storylines continue to deeper and we see more realistic issues.  Students are introduced to multiple types of conflict including conflict with self.  It's from this point on that I find myself stealing book off my daughter's shelf because I want to read them too.

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
A Long Walk to Water
Black Gold
Blue Willow
Caddie Woodlawn
Call it Courage
Elijah of Buxton
The Giver
The Indian in the Cupboard
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Island of the Blue Dolphins
The Lions of Little Rock
My Side of the Mountain
Number the Stars
Old Yeller
Rascal
Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm
The Secret Garden
Swiss Family Robinson
Treasure Island
Tuck Everlasting
Wizard of Oz
Wonder
Zia

What are your favorite books for this age?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails