Friday, October 6, 2017

Weekend Links











This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

As the seasons have been changing, the kids have been full of all kinds of ideas.  I think they were feeling the need for a change too and they've gladly offered suggestions for meals.  In the past couple of weeks, we've hit some of their favorites: taco salad, spinach calzone, chicken noodle soup, and chili with cornbread.  I can't say I mind the change of pace.

What I'm Reading:

Since Anne of Green Gables is the Bookmarks Book Club selection this month, I picked up a copy at my local library.  There's something about this book that screams fall to me.  I'm loving curling up on the couch in the evenings, when the house is quiet, and reading through this one again.  It never gets old no matter how many times I read it.

What I'm Doing:

With a new school year, the mom taxi is off and running: swim lessons, baseball, ballet, and cooking classes abound.  But I'm also working in the year.  Fall and spring are my favorite times to enjoy the backyard.  Summer is too hot, but this season is just right.  Getting the roses ready for the winter, fertilizing the lemon tree, and decluttering the garage are all on my list this time of year.

What I'm Watching: 

After binge watching so many episodes of This Is Us, it was kind of disappointing to find myself on the current episode with nothing to watch.  So I've gone back and have been catching up on Bringing Up Bates.  Always come away from that show feeling encouraged.

What I'm Enjoying:

Our Backyard... Experimenting in the Kitchen... Decluttering... Quiet Late Evenings....
Chili and Cornbread... Fall Picture Books... Worship Music...

What are you up to?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails