Friday, January 16, 2015

Berenstain Bears and the Biggest Brag {Review}


My kids were so excited when this book came in the mail.  They love the Berenstain Bears and will grab any of these books they can get their hands on.  That evening, they sat down with my husband and couldn't wait to dig into the story.

The Biggest Brag starts out with Brother and Sisters bragging and competing for who's the best.  Who gets the better grades?  Competitive and trying to one up each other, their bragging turns pointless.  And this is where Grizzly Gramps steps in.

Gamps reminds them what the Bible says about pride.  It's fine to be proud of our accomplishments.  We all have strengthens and gifts.  But bragging is rude and hurtful.  And will ultimately lead to a downfall.

Our three kids (ages 3, 7, and 9) loved the story.  The points that Brother and Sister argued on were relatable to my kids and my husband even enjoyed reading it with them.  All in all, it was a fun read for the whole family and a fun way to illustrate the problems with pride.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails