Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Hello, Y'ALL!

Hey guys,
You might have notice that things have been a little quiet around here lately.  There's been a post or two here and there, but for the most part, August (and even July) were pretty slow.  Actually, it ended up being an unexpected, but very welcome break.  July is always busy around here.  That's usually when we plan our trips to see family.  And August... well, August was just unplanned, smashed together fun at the end of the summer.  It was one of those situations where a couple of days go by and before you know it, it's been a month since you've written any real content and you're just praying that people are as busy as you are.  :-)  Right?

But September has arrived and with it greater motivation and inspiration.  And tons of ideas that are waiting to bust out of my brain.  We've had some big changes in our family over the summer that I'll share with you soon.  So with that, I'm altering my writing schedule to about 3-4 days a week, but I'm so excited to be sharing you again.

Fall has hit full force in our house.  We went from being surrounded by smoke due to the fires around us to now having cool(er) days and longer drying time for my laundry.  But although it's still in the low 90's here, I'm dreaming of pumpkin pastries and apple desserts.  I'm in the mood to bake this week and promise I'll be sharing some yummy recipes with you guys in the near future.

We're also planning a 1 year old birthday party.  Our foster son is turning ONE!  So although I can't share pictures of him, I'll try to share a few of the cake and party this month as well.

Being a mom of three has officially hit with full force as our fall schedule is being finalized.  Kids back in school, one homeschooling, and one crawler and I'm feeling like a mom.  But before I get too sentimental (or crazy), let me share a few photos from our busy summer.

Taking the kids to see Rio
at the Dollar Theater

Noah and Cousin Jasmine
on the quad

Finishing Swim Lessons

Finishing Swim Lessons

Bunches of Cousins

Celebrating Cousin Dylan's Graduation
at a Giant's Game
Lydia playing at the beach

Noah running from the waves

Noah and Daddy playing in the water

Noah and Mommy on the Slip N Slide

Noah playing T-Ball

Cousins Lydia, Natalie, and Noah
at the Fair

Noah and Lydia at the Fair
with Great-Grandma

So that's what we've been up to.  Good memories and I'm amazed at how quickly it all went.  There's more to come to keep reading.  I'm so blessed to be journeying with all of you.

What have you all been up to lately?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails