Monday, September 17, 2012

10 Christians Everyone Should Know {Review}


Let me just be honest in saying that when I first picked up this book, I wasn't so sure that I had made a good choice.  The first 20 pages or so seemed dry and I wondered how I would ever get through it.  Was this a book I was really going to be able to review honestly?

However, as I began to get into the flow of the book, the more I enjoyed it.  Particularly the chapters on Anne Bradstreet and Johann Sebastian Bach.  These short biographies offered insight into their particular place in Christian history that I had no prior knowledge of.

Please be aware that this is a biographical book and is written as such.  These short biographies (20-30 pages) are very historical and fact based.  At times, I did find my mind wandering, trying to piece all the events and sequences together.  There's not a lot of fluff and it does take some concentration to get through.

However, if approached in the right mindset, this is an enjoyable book for seeing how these lesser celebrated figures meld into the Christian history.  This would be a great book for the historian in the family or anyone searching to find groundbreakers in all walks of the Christian life.

Disclaimer: I was provided with a free copy of this book for review from BookSneeze.  All opinions are my own.

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails