Monday, January 16, 2012

Strawberry Shortcake Party

My sweet little Lydia turned 4 years old just before Christmas.
And what birthday is complete without a party?

Since she is my sweetie pie,
we decided to have a Strawberry Shortcake party this year.
What's sweeter than Strawberry Shortcake?

Girlie, pink, and sweet...
This party was a berry ton of fun!

Decorations and Table:
I laid everything out the night before so I wouldn't forget anything.
We used a lot of the tableware we already had in creative ways.
My mom had this vintage Strawberry Shortcake tray at her house
and I found the fruit tray at the local dollar store.
Plus the stripped bowl was an easy addition
with the fun colors.



I'd seen a similar centerpiece and decided to use what I had.
I found a tall vase in the cabinet
and filled it with red paper shreds from the dollar store.
Then I printed clipart from the internet,
matted it,
and adhered the kebab skewers.

My mom made the banner from her cricut,
and the green curling ribbon was perfect!

Plus a friend found this poster at a local thrift store.

We added paper lanterns, balloons, and streamers from the dollar store,
and we had the perfect party atmosphere.

Goodie Bags:
Checking that dollar store again,
I found frisbees, bracelets, hair ties, and strawberry lip gloss.
Plus, I made the girls flower hair clips from a Jo-ann's remnant.
Packaged in a plain red paper bag and tied up in green ribbon,
they were so berry sweet.

Games:
First for a game of pin the jewel in Strawberry's crown.
Hilarious!

With 3 and 4 year olds,
you never know what you're going to get.

After that we played pass the strawberry.
We took the pockets off an old pair of jeans
and made bean bags.
They were so cute.

Pretty funny watching these little ones
get the hang of it all.

Plus I borrowed Strawberry Jams music
from the library.
The music was fun
and was berry perfect with the party.

Finally we ended the games with a strawberry pinata.
We made a homemade one with an extra party balloon
and homemade paper mache.

Plus the red duct tape was awesome for making a handle.
This was my son's favorite.
He had been taking a back seat to the girls most of the day,
but they needed him to break the pinata.

He got to be the berry hero after all.

Food:
Our party happened to fall around lunch time
so I had a pot of soup simmering while we played.
We added a spinach berry salad
as well as the following:
Peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches
Strawberry fruit dip
Strawberry and raspberry jello cups
and Strawberry wafer cookies

Cake:
Grandma always does our cakes
and she had this pan from when I was younger.
So berry cute!

Presents:
We've started our new tradition of asking guests
to bring non-perishable items for the homeless shelter.
But of course there are still presents from
Mommy and Daddy
and grandparents.

This year I scored a Strawberry Shortcake remote control car
from the local kids' thrift store.
Berry fun!

So there you have it...
a Berry fun...
Berry cute...
Berry sweet
Strawberry Shortcake party!

*A few sites for additional ideas:

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great party!! We had a SSC party for my daughter's 2yo and 3yo bdays!! Had that same cake you showed! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails