Friday, April 1, 2011

Yummy Bulgogi Recipes!

If you were to go into my bookmarked sites, you would be overwhelmed with how many recipes I have saved.  There's everything out there from crepes to egg rolls, summer drinks to homemade ice cream, school lunch ideas to weight watcher cupcakes.  We LOVE food in this house.  And we LOVE adventurous eating!  Even my 5 and 3 years old don't back down from trying something new.

So I had to share with you two fantastic recipes we tried last week.  Both Korean, both in fantastic marinades.

The first was Bulgogi Beef.  I took a cheap cut of beef, sliced it thin, and marinaded for several hours.  Then I stir fried it with a bag of frozen veggies and served over brown rice.  They kids couldn't get enough of it.  Truthfully, neither could my husband or I.  I added extra garlic and would add extra black pepper next time as well.  The meat was very mild so it's up to your taste.


The second dish we tried was Chicken Bulgogi.  This was yummy as well.  The maple made it sweeter than the beef and again, I added extra garlic.  We served ours over a huge leafy green salad and dressed it with an oil/ vinegar/ sugar dressing.  It was a great fulling meal with lots of flavor.  We also made a yummy warm batch of Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (recipe to come soon).

Both are very different, but very well worth your time.  Two quick easy dinners perfect for spring!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails