Friday, March 29, 2024

Weekend Links ll March 29, 2024

 












This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

My favorite meal this week was Crockpot Chili.  The weather has been chaotic lately so I'm taking every chance I have to keep adding soups to our menu.  This one is absolute comfort food.  The surprise came when I asked the 12 year old to make cornbread.  I've helped him several times so I felt confident that he could handle it without supervision.  I bet you can see where this one is going. :-) Ended up being ok, but we had to do a little rehab when he accidentally added too much salt.

What I'm Reading:

Currently, I'm working my way through Live Your Truth by Alisa Childers.  She takes popular mantras and addresses them through a Biblical lens.  I love how down to earth her explanations are and how true to real life.  I think I'll be adding this one to my high schooler's personal growth list.

What I'm Doing:

We had a short homeschool week.  Wednesday we took most of the day off to see a local production at the theater: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief.  When I saw that we could do this one as a field trip, I knew I had to book it for my 12 year old.  He's obsessed with the Percy Jackson books and it ended up being a fun one to watch.  Now we have today (Friday) off from school to start our break and we're busy in the kitchen with Easter treats.  

What I'm Enjoying:

Meeting new homeschool moms...
Organizing field trips...
Slow mornings....
Bible study with the kids...
Oatmeal muffins...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails