Friday, August 25, 2023

Weekend Links ll August 25, 2023









This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

We had a much welcomed cool down earlier this week.  While Hurricane Hilary dumped rain on Southern California, she brought us some lovely temps and just enough rain to refresh everything.  It was a nice break in this oppressive late summer heat wave.  Which meant we quickly pulled together two crockpot meals this week: chili and cornbread, and chicken noodle soup.  Both were a welcome sight among the sandwiches and main dish salads we've been enoughing for months.  It was nice to have something a little different for a change.

What I'm Reading:

I'm currently reviewing Tony Evan's new book, Kingdom Focus.  It's rich, thought provoking, and certainly convicting at times.  

What I'm Doing:

The past several weekends found us busy, savoring the end of summer break and transitioning into the new school year.  This past weekend, my husband squeezed in a guys weekend so the kids and I were funning solo.  We baked, swam, and snuggled up for a few episodes of Road to Avonlea.  It was nice to have some time at home.

What I'm Enjoying:

YWAM's Christian Heroes: Then and Now books...
Chili in the crockpot...
Watch our kiddos try new things...
Getting back into routine...
Cooler mornings on the back patio...

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails