Thursday, April 11, 2019

Little Guides to Great Lives: Anne Frank {Review}


A young girl who dreamt of being a writer and ultimately touched the world with her personal look into the atrocities of WWII... Anne Frank's words have touched the world for generations and now her story is being told in a new way.  In this Little Guides to Great Lives book, Anne Frank's legacy is shared using a friendly, yet informative, picture book format.

As a parent, I've struggled with how to talk about the Holocaust with my kids.  But this book made it so simple.  The author was honest without sharing too much and wrote about the horrors of WWII in an age appropriate manner.  Marketed to second to sixth grade, I came away from the book with new insight into Anne Frank's struggle for survival as well as further background information about Nazi Germany.  This would make a great introduction to WWII for any elementary aged student.  I'm happy to have found this series and this edition in particular.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails