Wednesday, December 5, 2018

100 Extraordinary Stories for Courageous Girls


This 100 story collection, written to girls ages 8 and up, covers some of the more unforgettable women of the faith.  Taken from the Bible and Christian history, these women will inspire girls with their tales of courage, action, and extraordinary faith.  Including such women as Lydia, Corrie Ten Boom, Bethany Hamilton, and Rahab, each story expands upon the idea of how a grain of faith moves mountains.  

Each section includes a picture, Scripture to go with the story, and biographical information.  I only read a sample of the book, but greatly enjoyed what I read.  The author is honest about the death of some of these women so be aware with a younger audience.  And for that reason, this would be a book that I would read WITH my daughter, not just pass off to her.  I also found it interesting that in the kindle version, there was picture portraying one of the African American women as white.  This just didn't sit well with me and I wonder how many other illustrations were inaccurate. I do, however, think this would be an interesting book to add to your homeschool or home as your study champions of the faith, and how little it takes so like to make a huge impact.

*Disclaimer: I received a sampling of this book for review.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails