Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Stronger than the Struggle {Review}


In Stronger than the Struggle, Havilah Cunnington takes her readers through a strategic battle plan for everyday battles, whether with ourselves or spiritual forces.  Cunnington addresses such issues as:
  • If I'm already following the Lord, why am I still fighting?
  • Is the battle internal or spiritual?
  • What does the Bible say about spiritual battles?
  • Do I have any spiritual authority?
Rather than stirring fear, Cunnington seeks to awaken spiritual authority and boldness.  While the basis of the book is spiritual warfare, she mentions several times that it's about living in the assurance and authority of the Lord.

While many of the principles set forth in this book are tried and true, Havilah Cunnington speaks in a fresh voice to remind many of us of our God-given power.  She reminds us that there's more to life than living in fear and that it doesn't take those in ministry to wage the battle.  Having been a Christian for many years, I still found this to be an awakening perspective and well worth the read.  Although I've already finished the book, I plan to reread in the near future.  It was just that refreshing.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book from the publisher.  All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails