Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The Berenstain Bear's Country Cookbook {Review}


My kids love being in the kitchen.  They tend to be creative kids, and cooking plays a part in that as well.  Every time I'm planning meals or in the kitchen, they want to be involved.  So of course, this cookbook played right into what these kids enjoy.

We loved flipping throw this cookbook.  It's laid out in a logical manner, working through the day, and I love that each recipe includes a color photo.  With kids, it's so nice to visualize what you're working toward.  Also the recipes really are kid friendly.  Not only are they something that my kids would want to eat, but they also include simple ingredients for when you've got a lot going on.

My only negative about this cookbook is that I'd like to see a kid friendly book that is geared toward a healthier lifestyle.  A lot of these recipes included ingredients like tater tots or refrigerated biscuits.  And while those items occasionally make an appearance on our table, I'd like to find a kid's cookbook that is more about fresh items and less about packaged junk.

Is this a well made cookbook?  Yes.  It's it bright, fun, and engaging?  Yes.  Could it be geared toward a healthier lifestyle?  This one has some work to do.

All in all, a well made book with fun recipes, but needs to be balanced with a healthier lifestyle and view of food.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails