Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Let There Be Light {Review}


Let There Be Light is a product of the partnership between Archbishop Desmond Tutu and illustrator Nancy Tillman.  Telling the 7 day creation story, this sturdy board book is perfect for little hands and really should be marketed to a younger reader.  And I'm not sure what I was expecting from the storyline, but it really should be attributed to the writer of Genesis as it's lifted straight from the Bible.

For Nancy Tillman's part, this book is incredibly illustrated an beautiful.  Her interpretation of the Scriptures is rich and stunning.  If you're a Tillman fan, this book will not disappoint as it is a celebration of creation and diversity.

Really, this is a book we love and one my 3 year old reaches for often.  But the author issue bothered me.  If you're looking for a way to introduce the creation story to your toddler, this is a beautiful book.  Once you're past the introduction stage, I'd look for something deeper.

*Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher for my fair and honest opinion.  



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails