Monday, April 15, 2013

While You're Waiting: Creating Home



(Image Credit: Jomphong)

*Recently I was thinking about all I would want my daughters to know before they get married.  Instead of wishing the days away until they walk down the aisle, how would I encourage them to live?  Living in the joy of who God created.  The practicalities and the dreaming.  What would I want to encourage... While they're waiting?  These are some of those thoughts.


I love creating home.  From the earliest years of marriage to your growing up years, I have found great joy in creating home for our family.  It has truly been a blessing to create an environment we were can come to escape the pressures of the outside world and find refreshment for our souls.

But there's no reason why you should wait until you're married.  Now is the time to create a home for yourself and others in your life that need a safe haven.

As I was attending college and later in my own apartment, I looked for ways to make my living
space more homey.  Some days that meant a boutique.  Other days it meant burning a candle on the table.  There are so many ways you can begin creating a home no matter what stage of life you find yourself in.

-Fill your home with flowers and plants.
-Start with simple furniture and invest as you have time and need.
-Decoate for the holidays.
-Play music.
-Choose curtains, rugs, and accents that make you feel at home.

Begin creating home now and you'll create a haven of peace that will bless everyone around you.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails