Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wrapped Christmas Book Advent


Last year, I saw this fun idea in several places and tucked it in the back of my mind to try.  Every day from December 1-25th, we'll unwrap one Christmas book to read together.  Reading is a special part of our evening routine and this way we get to explore a whole new set of books.  Especially fun Christmas books.

Since we don't have 25 Christmas books on our shelf, I used the local library as a resource.  I've been ordering Christmas books and picking them up as we go.  It's amazing how many books are out there about Christmas.  I've been screening them as I wrap them, but I've been pleasantly delighted with many of them.

I picked up a roll of wrapping paper from the dollar store and labeled them each with a day.  Especially the library ones so we can get them back on time.  And they're sitting in my Thirty-One bag under the tree.  I can't wait to see what kinds of books we'll discover this year.

*Linked to these Parties

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, I like this idea! Neat!

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails