Monday, July 2, 2012

2012 Spring/Summer Meal Plan

As the summer gets busier, I'm finding myself fighting for time.  Fighting for time with the kids.  Fighting for time in the grocery store.  Fighting for some sanity.  Between VBS, swimming, and T-ball, along with dinners, kids, diapers, church, and some creative time for Mommy, time is a commodity in our home.  So in an attempt to maximize my time, I'm going to post an overview of our summer meal plan instead of posting every Monday.

While our meal plan will likely vary from week to week (I do love being creative in the kitchen), this is a basic overview of some staple meals in our home.  Plus, this will be a great resource for me when I'm stumped for summer ideas.

And I promise to post new meals as they come in an out of our meal plans in the coming months.  In fact, we made a phenomenal, simple, summer meal last week that I can't wait to share with you.  Can't wait to try some of these new recipes and enjoy some of our old favorites.

 
Mondays: Crockpot Night

Korean Beef Tacos
Enchiladas
Honey Sesame chicken


Tuesdays: Main Dish Salads

Taco Salad
Risotto and Veggie Salad
Steak Salad
Tortellini Salad

Wednesdays: Mexican

Chipotle Taco Bar
Fish or Shrimp Tacos (2x/month)
Chicken Fajitas

Thursdays: Sandwiches

Grilled Eggplant Sandwiches
Various Wraps
Grilled Veggie Sandwiches
Caprese Sandwiches

Fridays: Pizza

Homemade Veggie Pizza (2x/month)
Individual Pizzas on the Grill


Saturday: Mommy's Choice or BBQ

Hamburgers
Kebabs (Jerk Shrimp/Hawaiian Chicken)
Something special (chicken probably)

Suday: Quick and Easy or BBQ

Smoothies and sammies
Baked Potato Bar
Quesadillas

What are some our your favorite summer recipes?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I like the way you shared a general type or focus for meals each day. When I try to be specific, I end up not following my own plan and then getting a bit discourages (I know that I shouldn't but it happens), so I like this idea better! Thanks for visiting my blog!

Related Posts with Thumbnails