Tuesday, July 3, 2012

2012 Goals: June Check-In


How are your 2012 Goals going?  I saw some progress.  We're eating healthier, I got a few DIY projects done, and I'm becoming more disciplined with my time.  Baby steps, right?

Areas I need to remember to focus on more heavily?  Consistent devotional time, consistent workouts, and just all around having more fun with my kids.  We do things together, but it's not always "fun."  I've gotta enjoy these moments more or they just become harder and harder to find.  So that's where I'm at.  How did you do in the month of May?  Do you feel like you're making progress?

These were my 2012 Goals and how I did in May:

Personal:
*Keep a consistent devotional time, memorizing verses through my discipleship group.--I'm still struggling with this. But the consistency of my discipleship group is helping.

*Memorize 12 verses with the kids.--We've done two so far in the past six months.  Had one laid out for June, but didn't start it till earlier this week.  Focusing on this one in July.

*Read 24 books.--I read 4 in Jan, 3 in Feb, 5 in March, 2 in April, 2 in May, and 3 in June.

*Tackle 12 DIY projects.--Started my patio lights

My Marriage:
*Plan a bi-weekly time of being together.--Had one date this month.  Thanks Mom!

*Read 2-3 books together.--not yet

*Plan a yearly getaway.--Planning for this summer

My Kids:
*Plan a once a month date with each of the kids.--Did this with both kids!

*Homeschool/supplement preschool for Lydia and 1st/2nd grade for Noah.--Still working with Noah and started pre-reading with Lydia, although with other items

*Read through the Magic Treehouse series with them.--Book #3 has been out of the library before weeks, but we've listened to about 35 in audio books.

*Go on a field trip once a month.--

Health and Wellness:

*Convert 4-5 items on our grocery list to organic, as budget allows--We've converted our salad mix/ spinach in June.  So we're up to 3 items.

*Develop a gym routine of 4-5 days a week.--Going three a week so far. Love my Turbokick class and just added Yoga once a week. Continuing to add the Shrinking Jeans challenge this month.

*Eat more seafood.--Bi-monthly so far

*Learn to make an incredible loaf of sourdough.--Did a DIY tutorial in May and have a pancake recipe coming soon.

Writing:
*Plan posts one month in advance and write posts one week in advance.--Planning is good, but writing is hard right now. Usually about 4-5 days ahead.

*Spend 2 hrs a week writing on something other than the blog.--Am I ever going to get this done?

*Budget my blogging time more appropriately. Do less work when the kids are around.--Doing much better, but could continue to improve.


Because I'm stalled out on a couple of my goals, I'm selecting two of the weakest to put special focus on in July.  My focus goals this month are time with God and Scripture memorizing with the kids.  Does anyone have tips or tricks for developing new habits?

Link up below and just let us know how you're doing. Let's work toward real change in 2012!

*Linked to these Parties

1 comment:

Patrice said...

Making progress - that's what's important!

Related Posts with Thumbnails