Friday, October 10, 2008

Frugal Friday

I was wandering through Target a few days ago, looking for a good deal on jeans.  I haven't bought a pair of jeans in ages.  So long so that I was completely shocked by the price tag.  But that's a bunny trail...

Upon entering the store, I parked near the garden section and wandered through.  It's always a quieter way to enter and just a favorite part of the store for me.  As I checked out the summer items on clearance, this thought occurred to me...

Patio and garden items are so hard to find in the winter.  I often go looking for a gift for my grandma or an exchange gift for my family and those searches find me in the garden section with nothing for Christmas.  Planters and decorative items have been replace by seasonal items and fake Christmas trees.  At a loss, I end up going to a specialty nursery looking for that perfect outdoors item.  And paying upwards of 3-4 times the amount I would have paid in Sept.  

So keep your eyes peeled.  Wander through the garden section next time you're out and about.  Remember that garden and patio items make lovely gifts and often highly functional.  And they are a fraction of the cost at this time of year.  

And don't discount those specialty locations.  This is prime time to score deep discounts there as well.  

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails