Friday, March 8, 2024

Weekend Links ll March 8, 2024












This Week: 

What I'm Cooking:

My favorite meal this week was our lettuce wraps.  Oh, this is a "stuff yourself silly" recipe that pleases even our pickiest eater.  Since lettuce wraps can be so messy, we've actually turned this dinner into more of a salad or bowl just be layering the ingredients.  That way no one gets too frustrated to enjoy dinner.  But the sauce is so yummy with just the right balance of sweet and salty.  And it's light and fresh for a refreshing meal.

What I'm Reading:

I just finished The Hiding Place on Monday.  I knew the story of Corrie ten Boom and in fact, read the YWAM Christian Heroes: Then and Now biography with my 7th grader this past fall.  It's hard to be in Christian circles and not know something about the Ten Booms.  However, this was the first time I've ever read The Hiding Place and it was so powerful.  It's amazing to hear all that this family went through and accomplished during the Nazi occupation in Holland.  I can't wait to share this one with my 10th grader.

What I'm Doing:

This week was a bit of a breather for us.  We didn't have much on the calendar other than school and that was a good things since the rest of the month is going to be busy.  We did, however, have roofers at our house at the end of the week.  It will be nice to have that taken care of for insurance purposes, but it did make for an interesting schooling situation.

What I'm Enjoying:

A break in the rainy weather...
 Homemade lettuce wraps...
Field Trip planning...
Women's Bible Study...
Sunflower seedlings...

What are you up to?
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails