Monday, October 3, 2022

What We Have Planned for October

 Yay!  October is one of my absolute favorite months.  The weather is finally cooling down.  We can be in the backyard more.  The evenings are perfect for fires in the fire pit.  And... my oldest son and I both celebrate birthdays in October.  It really is the perfect month!

So while I'm looking at the perfect month on the calendar, I'm trying to make sure I'm intentional with my time.  With three active kids, this month has a tendency to fly by if I'm not careful. So I'm purposefully placing certain activities on the calendar NOW.  Here's a few things we're planning:

*Family Photos:  I purposed last year that we were doing family photos this fall.  I didn't know how I was going to get everyone on board, but I gave them a few year's notice to let it settle in.  We haven't taken real family photos in nearly 13 years and it's the last year my oldest will be living at home.  So I'm bound and determined to make it happen.  Might be in November, but we won't be going into the holidays without family photos.

*Going to the Pumpkin Patch: Again, it's just a classic fall family tradition.  We take the same photos on the hay bales and pick a pumpkin to match each child's unique personality.  And Mama always ends with an ice cold lemonade.  Simple, sweet, and perfect.

*Hiking Lassen Peak: I've tried for the last couple of Octobers to make this one happen.  And something always comes up.  So this year, I'm making a backup plan for my backup plan.  This adventure is taking priority and I will find a way to make it happen.  I can already see my schedule trying to push it out of the way, but I'm not letting it happen.  October is the perfect month to tackle this hike and I'm hanging on to this year.

*Painting the Kids' Christmas Ornaments: I started painting the kids Christmas ornaments last month and I have one almost finished, and one about half way down.  I'd like to see all three done by the end of the month so I can tuck them away for safe keeping until Christmas.

What do you have planned for the month of October?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails