Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Christ Centered Easter Basket Ideas

As Easter approaches, I've been thinking about what I want to put in the kids' Easter baskets.  It's a fun opportunity for me to treat the kids a little bit and purchase them a few fun surprises.  While I've always leaned toward filling their baskets with practical items, the past couple of years, I've also looked for opportunities to point my kids toward Christ.

But building a Christ Centered Easter Basket requires forethought and intentionality.  It's so easy to get lost in the pastels of bunnies, chicks, and jelly beans.  As I've brainstormed the contents of our baskets this year, I thought I'd share with you a few ideas for building your own Christ Centered Easter Baskets.

Bibles--I like to gift Bibles when my children are transitioning from one life stage to another: entering elementary school, Jr. High, or graduation.  Or when my little ones are transitioning from storybook Bibles to developing quiet times.  These are a few of our favorites:

The First Message Bible
The Adventure Bible
The Action Bible
Teen Life Application Bible

Books--Books are always a favorite in our house.  There is rarely a holiday that goes by that I'm not gifting my children some sort of book.  And again there are so many wonderful characters and stories to pass on good morals to our children.  There are just a few:

Berenstain Bears and the Easter Story
Easter in the Garden
God gave us Easter
Berenstain Bears Easter Sunday
The Story of Jesus (Little Golden Book)
The Parable of the Lily
The First Easter
The Tale of Three Trees
Amon's Adventure
Our Favorite Easter Picture Books
The Mandie Books
The Sugar Creek Gang

Devotionals--I've been trying to lead my kids in a deep quiet time this year and help them develop the habit while they're still young.  In earlier years, we've gone through devotionals together as a family, and now as they're growing we leaning more toward personal quiet times.  These are a few of the tools we've used and continue to use:

3-Minute Devotions
The Names of Christ
Prayer Journal
Gratitude Journal
Bible Study (to complete with mom or dad)

Jewelry

Fancy cross necklace
Nail cross necklace
Cross bracelet


Toys and Crafts

Easter activity book
Stained glass coloring book
Stuffed lamb
Bible Pictionary

What items do you add to your child's Easter basket?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails