Friday, September 8, 2017

Weekend Links












This Week:

What I'm Cooking:

It's been kind of a mixed menu this week when we had some unexpected rain.  Due to the fires in the area, our hot weather has been really intensified.  So even though it's September, we've still been eating lots of salads.  But it rained Wednesday night and into Thursday.  Oh, it was a sweet relief, knocking down the fires and clearing out some smoke.  Since it was also a swim night, I threw tomato soup into the crockpot and started a loaf of bread.  Soup was a nice treat and a fun welcome to fall.  Savoring it as the 100 degree temps are coming back.

What I'm Loving:

There are so many things I'm loving.  Clear air... rain... cooler days approaching.... but one thing I'm really loving this week being at home.  Our last weekend was REALLY busy with several parties (birthday, anniversary, etc) and travel.  So this week I've just been enjoying being at home, establishing a routine before baseball starts.

What I'm Reading:

And as I'm enjoying being at home, I started a book called Slow Down by Nicole Nordeman.  It's a sweet motherhood gift book that I'm reviewing and it's reminding me to enjoy these moments of homeschooling 'cause it's really the only time in our lives we have to slow down.

What I'm Doing:

Like I said, last weekend was busy.  We surprised my in-law's with an anniversary party and then immediately jumped back in the car and drove some more to go to my nephew's birthday party.  We're in the middle of what we call birthday season with three cousins' birthdays in Sept, one in Oct, and my birthday in October as well.  Fall is busy around here and then the holidays are right around the corner.

What I'm Watching: 

I've been binge watching a show on TLC called Outdaughtered.  This family has 6 girls, 5 of which are quintuplets.  It's been interesting to watch from the perspective of parenting, but also knowing that the couple attends church and a small group.

What I'm Enjoying:

A taste of cooler weather... finishing summer candles and started some fall candles... hands-on history lessons... ReWordAble... 

What are you up to?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails